History The Andhra Pradesh Auxiliary came into being in 1951, just a year after the state Andhra Pradesh was formed. Prior to that during the rule of Nizam a book depot of the Tamil Nadu(Madras) Auxiliary was in operation in Secunderabad since 1939. The existing Bible House had been in operation since 1938 also house the head quarters of the auxiliary since 1951. The Auxiliary celebrated the centenary of the complete Telugu Bible in the year 1960.
The Bicentenary Celebrations of BSI was held at Guntur from February 19th to 21st 2011. All the 15 Auxiliaries represented by its Auxiliary Secretaries and Executive Committee Members leaders from United Bible Societies took part. All the Branch Officers in Andhra Pradesh Auxiliary took part and lakhs of people attended evening meetings. International famous Evangelist Dr. T. L. Osborn took part and delivered Godís Word. These Celebrations were held under the leadership of Dr. Navamani Peter, Rev. Dr. P. N. S. Chandra Bose, Mr. Noel Swaranjit Sen, Dr. P. Leela Bose, & Dr.M. Jesudas.
Projects And Programs : Through the length and breadth of the state 268 BSI branches operate with individual office bearers and members providing their voluntary services. Over the years the Auxiliary has proved to be one of the leading arms of the Bible Society Movement in India in distribution figures. Under this auxiliary audio scripture portions and also the New Testament in Lambadi were produced. NT Banjara and Children Bible in Yerukala language were released and OT translation into Banjara is in process.
Contact : If you are interested in procuring Bible and other Scripture items in Print and Audio media, please contact :
The Auxiliary Secretary
Bible Society of India
Andhra Pradesh Auxiliary
Plot No: 79 & 80
Opp. St.Philomena High School
Secunderabad 500 003
Ph : 040 27534017
E-mail : email@example.com