History The Bible Society work formally began in Shillong with the opening of a branch of the Calcutta Auxiliary in the year 1952. It became Assam Auxiliary in1956 with its area of operations extending to the whole of North Eastern parts of India. In order to facilitate easier movement of Scriptures to the remote parts of the difficult terrain covered by the Auxiliary, a Scriptures Distribution Centre was opened in Guwahati in 1973 in a land gifted by CBCNEI. After the formal inauguration of the Aizawl Auxiliary in 1983 and Dimapur Auxiliary in 1986, Shillong Auxiliary now caters to the Scripture needs of the state of Assam and Meghalaya. The Shillong Auxiliary celebrated the Golden Jubilee on 10th – 12th November 2006. The Pohkseh Presbyterian Church hosted the celebration. The Aizawl & Dimapur Auxiliaries sent their representatives to this celebration. In 2007, the youth wing has been formed. On February 20, 2008, the BSI – Standing Choir also has been formed with 25 committed young boys and girls.
Projects And Programs : Well supported by the goodwill of the churches and the voluntary services of 48 branches of the Bible Society of India, the Auxiliary is able to effectively witness to God’s word in this area. The women’s wing of the Auxiliary is active, in bringing Scripture awareness and providing fund raising support. The youth wing witnesses Christ through street preaching and dramas. The BSI standing choir gives messages through singing in different Church services, concerts, All India Radio, North Eastern Service – AIR, TV Channels.
Contact : If you are interested in procuring Bible and other Scripture items in Print and Audio media, please contact :
The Auxiliary Secretary
The Bible Society of India
Students’ Field, Jaiaw
Shillong – 793002
Ph : 0364-2544051
Email : email@example.com